It is possible to find suitable drivers in all age ranges and all social strata.
The habits of a good driver are not exclusive to a gender or a defined group of people. Let’s see which are:
- Pay attention to the traffic around: the right driver, check the mirrors often, and anticipate the maneuvers that other drivers will do and also slow down when he approaches speed bumps and rubber parking blocks. This is a characteristic of a courteous and safe driver.
- Drive along the right lane as a general rule on tracks with two or more lanes: the good driver always drives in the right path, except when he passes the others safely. This means that other drivers, who travel faster or need to overtake it, can do so safely.
- Indicate maneuvers promptly: a good driver signals other drivers with the turn signals, when he intends to turn or change lanes, with sufficient anticipation, in such a way that he allows other drivers to act accordingly.
- Do not block intersections: it is necessary to be aware of the entrance to an intersection so that you do not block it when the traffic light turns red.
- Respect the traffic light phases: if the light changes to solid amber and you have enough space to brake safely, you must do so. You can endanger the lives of cyclists, pedestrians, and other drivers, by exceeding it, to save one or two minutes.
- Allow the incorporation of other vehicles on the road: remember that sooner or later you will be in the same situation.
- Maintain a sufficient distance from the vehicle in front of you: the distance must be such that it allows for 2 to 4 seconds of reaction, in case of sudden braking. You can use the bands painted on the track to calculate that distance.
- Respect the speed limits in residential areas: they are areas where there may be children running and playing in the street, and they can suddenly break into the road, without being attentive to the vehicles that travel through it.
- Be respectful and patient with elderly, disabled, or drivers with mechanical problems: keep a more significant safety distance and be patient. The speed of these conductors may be lower, and their reaction capacity is slower.
- Facilitate and allow the passage of assistance or emergency vehicles quickly.